Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WIP Lists and decisions

I have more than my share of projects I have started but not finished....35 to be exact. Currently. There are several from Market and the Online Needlework Show that are just begging to become next up for that very long list. I have spent most of this year stitching from that very long list but since my stitching time is little and I am a slow stitcher not much progress has been made. I was perusing the list today as I need to work on something small for a while so I will actually get a finish this year. Things are looking bleak for anything in my rotation though I still hold out for CHS alphabets and BBD Where my Heart Blooms to come in as finishes before year end. I wanted to pull something small out to work on but boy, when I looked at the list almost all the small things are completed and that just leaves the monster projects I am most fond of working. I did see Just Nan Halloween on the list and if I remember correctly I had quite a bit of it done. Maybe I can pull it out of the WIP bag and use that to take a break from the bigger things. Of course I am really trying to convince myself it would be okay to start something new...like With My Needle A Multiplication Table Exemplar. It's small. I have the chart, I have the fabric I think. I do not have the fiber called for but.....I need to stich to my WIP lists to get it down to a manageable number. Off to the stitchy space to see if I can find the Just Nan piece. At least it goes with the season and I have a friend who would love to have it and her birthday is coming soon.......we will see.
Have a stitchy day. Marjo

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the WIP reduction. I made a pact with myself that I couldn't stitch anything new until I finished up a WIP. Well, all my WIPS are huge (Ann Medd, CHS Shores, Houses, Village, Chatelaines). But I bit the bullet and started back on Ann. It's painful, but I've made a lot of progress in two months. I figure if I can get through this, the skies the limit and I'll probably add a bazillion back into the WIP pile, but hey, a biggie is done! I ordered A Multiplication Table Exemplar too and would love to stitch it. Hope that your Just Nan piece is a manageable size and you finish it up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on this. I have about 30 WIPs, and yet, I keep starting them! The latest Market was a killer for me--four large new projects! Man, would I like to quit work and stay home and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to not start something that you're just itching to start! I've just started stitching and have 2 projects going and hope to start another big one within a month or so. Several knitting projects on the needles and several quilts in progress. It's a good thing I enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete