Monday, October 17, 2011

Staytreat





We had a great time at Cathy's house for our retreat. Getting us all together gets to be more of a challenge as time goes on. Our solution to this problem was to do a one day (all day) retreat locally. We had a blast. Cathy had decorated her home for her favorite time of year and it was beautiful as always.



We had too much yummy food and the swans put in an appearance. I was happy. We  walked down to the walkway to the edge of the water and saw the swans. We couldn't stay out long, hardy Alaskan women that we are because the wind was whipping down the water and it was cold. Not sure the pictures turned out because I couldn't hold the camera very still. We get high winds up here. There were lots of swans and Mallards and some other duck I could not identify. I was there for the swans. 







I got all but the last couple of stitches in Matchless Grace but was able to finish it Monday night. I did work on my "new to me retreat piece" of a Teresa Layman design. It was a challenge with all those knots trying to follow the lines. Not so sure how that will turn out but it will be a fun experiment. I enjoy the cross stitch more. 
People were knitting, quilting, doing crewel and some just stuck with their current WIP which was fine. It was just for fun. We go to be cozy, talk, eat, stitch and just have a good time. Mission accomplished. We had one gate crasher but since she wasn't here to stitch she decided not to stay.
Hope your week is full of stitching.
Marjo

2 comments:

  1. It sounds and looks like you all had a great time. The photos you took of the back yard and view are wonderful. Is it weird to just have a moose walk up? I hear they are not always friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete