Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow, snow and more snow

All day long on Thanksgiving it snowed a gentle quiet snow that covered the landscape in a blanket of pure white. It made for a lovely day. It was the first really good snow of the season and after two days of ice storms it was a welcome site. It is quite cold here, single digits, the last few days and I am bundled up even in side. Sometimes I think just looking at all that snow makes me cold I don't have to be out in it.
I managed to get some more stitching in and am getting close on the CHS Alphabets but considering this is December already doubt I will make it this year but we will see.
I have not managed a daily strand of thread but have managed to at least ply needle to thread most days. I finished a Christmas gift and am working on other gifts (not for Christmas). I will post a picture later of where I am with all my projects. CHS Alphabets have seen the most work so not much else to show but need to update where I am with the current WIP's for myself.
I love having stitching in hand with a cup of tea or coffee, blazing fire and watching the snow outside. Good day in my book. Hope you are having a stitchy day. Marjo

3 comments:

  1. I had a great stitchy day today. Just sent my son off for a weekend of orchestra, DH not home till very very late so nothing and no one to tell me not to sit and stitch all day! It's been great! Glad you've had a good one too! Don't want the snow yet though. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your warm fire and snow sounds very cozy. I'd pass on the tea/coffee but could handle a hot cocoa. I agree with you, it's a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your progress on CHS Alphabets. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete