Tuesday, December 26, 2017

in which I begin again

Wow, cannot believe it has been so long sine I posted! I wish I could say it was because I was so busy stitching but sadly that is not the case. 2017 has been a tough year on a lot of fronts for me but something made ,me decide today was the day to start again. It all started with computer problems as far as blogging went and from there it was a downhill rush. Brakes are on, back to stitching and blogging!
This is all about my current WIP’s and plans for next year. I have been drawn to pull out an older WIP of my favorite comfort stitch Quaker Mary Wigham is in the hoop.( Please forgive the wrinkles but I literally took it out of the hoop to take a progress picture to post.)
I have no idea when I started this pattern from Needleprint but I love stitching it and pick it up more and more frequently of late. I have just started the middle motif which is a bush sort of design with a large squirrel in the center. It calls for black on the leaves which I spent a bit of time checking because black leaves just looked wrong to me. I am doing this as a reproduction so black they will be but I thought maybe I had made a mistake with the symbol and did a double check. Mary is done on Lakesides linens buttercream (i think) and using a floss conversion by Attic Needlework. I am only on part 2 but I am trying to work on it a little every day.
Next up is my travel piece which currently is Lizzie Kate’s 6 Fat Men flip it patterns which are a fun stitch. They travel with me to my Thursday night Stiching group ( I love those ladies!!!!!). This is on 32 count Amber linen and WDW threads as called for on the Designs. I chose to stitch them all as one but they would be equally attractive as smalls in a snowman bowel or basket.

Those two are the only WIP’s currently getting any stitching time but in my next post I will have some new to me stitching accessories and some plans for 2018 to share. Excited to be back to blogging. Hope your day is full of stitch time! Marjo

7 comments:

  1. It was nice to see your post, Marjo. Mary Wigham is looking fabulous and your Lizzie Kate piece makes me smile. I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you here today Marjo - I have missed your blog posts and always regret when people go away for a long time. Funny thing - I am stitching that same 6 Fat men all on one piece - I am using an old R&R color called antique cotton on 28ct so I can see it easily at work. It's so fun and I love the bright colors. I love those Needleprint Quakers - I have all those Ackworth sampler charts and haven't finished a one. I'd love to one day. I'm sorry to hear 2017 was a tough year for you - hoping 2018 will be better and that you come back to post again soon - Merry Christmas belated to you ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do miss Needleprint - the design you're stitching is very pretty, the colours are so harmonious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see to see a post from you Marjo! You're working on some beautiful projects. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2017 was hard for a lot of stitching bloggers. But we're back now!

    ReplyDelete