Sunday, January 21, 2018

On the road

I hope to do a post while I am visiting Chicago. I am traveling with my husband. I am so excited to be able to see all the new stuff, touch all the fabric and the walls of floss both cottons and silks at one of my favorite shops The Inspired needle.
 I am still stitching on Mary Wigham. I got the frogging all done. I haven’t put the squirrel back in because it took me so long to get it out. I moved onto one of the flowers which is more of just an outline. I will have something to post next time on her.
 I did make it stitch night before I left plus I was able to stitch on the second leg of our trip so I made some progress on Lizzie Kate’s Six Fat Men.

I go to my last installment of sock class tomorrow and get the toe cf my sock done! That will be the first one done. Hopefully number 2 will go faster. I am slower at knitting than I am at stitching and that is scary.
On the book front Crazy Like a Fox by Rita Mae Brown is almost done. There are just not enough hours in the day to get it all done.  I will be able to get some reading done on our trip since my husband will be busy most of the time. I got two library books Body in the Casket by Katherine Hall Page and Witches Tree by M.C. Beaton. I also brought several from Amanda Lee who writes a cute Cozy series “an embroidery mystery”. I am lost in regards to which ones I have read and which ones I haven’t so will work on that this week. Will start my second sock! I have grand plans for this week. We will see how it goes. Back to Mary Wigham. Hope you find some stitchy time in your day. Marjo

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Inspired Needle! Your sock looks good as does the snowman block you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cathy at Inspired Needle - she is a DF and also a plural EGA member of our chapter in FL - she comes to FL to visit several times a year and we've gotten to know her and love her. I've never been to the shop but I get at least 1 or more packages from her every month. I'm a knitter too but I have never been bitten by the sock bug. I've tried various ways - toe up, cuff down, two circs - magic loop, double points - I just don't love knitting socks but I do love knitting. I love your MalaB Anniversario colorway - Glad you re having a good trip with DH and enjoying your Mary Wigham. Cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Wonderful! I am slow at stitching and knitting!! But knitting is slower! Hope to read more of your blogs later! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete