Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's a mystery....

I have enjoyed having a set project for Thursday night for the time I get to stitch with my friends. I am still working on the EGA mystery sampler. It is narrow but it long. Even though I have been working on it steadily I still have 2 lessons left to stitch on it. I did just finish the second darning pattern on it and that was fun. I love doing darning patterns. They go quickly but leave a delicate pattern behind.
This project was a Mystery Sampler in the EGA Magazine Needle Arts.  I am enjoying each section. I will leave the Hardanger section until the end so I can cut while I am at home. I hate cutting fabric that I am stitching on much less when I am listening to what my friends are talking about.
I decided Thursday will be the night to finish up class projects that were started and then relegated to the WIP pile. Next up will be a small crewel design that I have a lot left to stitch but I will love having as a pillow in my stitching chair when it is done or it may turn into a gift for someone else. Won't know till I finish it.  I have several, one just needs the finishing, the stitching is done and some just have a bit started. I hope to make a dent in that part of my WIP pile. I enjoy putting a finished date beside them as I go.
I was working in my stitching room again today and found a long stitched item that just needs the hemstitching to be completed. I may add that to the Thursday night roster just so I can get it finished. The piece is Drawn Thread's Random Thoughts. I love the piece. I finished stitching it a long time ago but need to do the outer hem stitching and attach the charms. I am going to have it framed when I get done. It was one of the first pieces I did that had so many specialty stitches that made me fall in love with doing more than crossing my threads.
Hope you have some stitchy time in your day. Marjo

4 comments:

  1. I can understand wanting to have your focus about you while cutting threads. :) Love the specialty stitches in your Drawn Thread piece - pretty! Your blog header is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery sampler looks lovely! And yes, I do plan to have some stitchy time today!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mystery sampler is looking gorgeous

    I like your plan for working through your wips

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love stitching this Mystery Sampler - so many different sections with different stitches.
    Random Thoughts is also in my WIP drawer, but it's only half way done. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished.

    ReplyDelete