Saturday, January 30, 2016

Stitchy updates

  No update on Rose Quaker. Alas I started that and then put it away so I could get back to the Map of the USA. I am on the homeward stretch with the Map I am excited to say and hope to get some stitching time in this weekend and get even closer. I am currently putting the water (3 shades of blue) in around the coast line. I am on the last color of that then I need to fill in Alaska. I don't like the items the designer used for our state so I am using some from another pattern by Jeannette Douglas to fill in instead that I feel are more representative of the state. It currently has a miner's cap and an oil well but I am more in love with the eagles and other animals so I will substitute them instead. I then have to add the detail to the upper coastline (boats, crabs and fish) and then I just have the personalization to do. The end is in site of this multi-year project for me. I only get to stitch on Thursdays with my stitching ladies and then some on the weekends depending on my other commitments. Looking forward to someday having more time for my needlework.

The Final Frontier


I know it doesn't look like much but it is coming along and I hope to get a bit more done this weekend. I have done a little bit of crochet this week as this is a much more portable project than the map. I do also have a small scissor fob project that I carry with me to work on if I stop where there is enough light to see the count fabric. Since it is dark a lot of the time here at least while I am off work, the places I meet friends for tea are not brightly lit and so I have to choose my travel projects with that in mind. This week the blanket has gotten some love.
Baby blanket growing
 This is the spot I go sit when I get off work early on Thursdays and sit and stitch before I meet with my stitching buddies. This picture does not do justice to the beauty of this spot even in Winter. I love to sit here and just look at the water. I love beaches but this one is particularly beautiful to me. Even with the water frozen it is beautiful. One of many happy spots I love. I frequently find beautiful spots and put a book on tape on to listen to and spend some time just stitching and soaking up the view. I hope this weekend finds some stitchy time for you in your days.
Marjo

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to sit and stitch! Your map is moving along as is the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a beautiful spot to stitch but it looks so C O L D ! I presume you are sitting in your car. I love your new baby blanket WIP. Glad to hear the map is coming along. Why don't you add one of those small Ott battery powered pop up lights to your stitching bag for when you meet at the tea shop where there is low lighting. I just must have additional light to stitch on any count fabric. Happy Feb to you - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place to stitch. Great progress on your projects, they are looking lovely

    ReplyDelete