Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sales



As I mentioned, I did not even watch the Super Bowl this year (I am a dyed in the wool baseball fan) but I must admit I did take advantage of the Super Bowl Sale from Inspired Needle. Cathy, the owner of the shop, is such a sweet lady and has already put my order in the mail. Her shop is just a year old. I highly recommend her lovely shop to you if you shop online or live near enough to Chicago to get there. One of the good things about the boy child going away to school :) was finding her lovely store. I will post pictures when the box arrives but is is mostly just thread for a pattern I am stitching and a linen cut. I did order a Sweetheart Tree pattern that was just too pretty to pass up but for the most part I am trying to not buy much else until Market and I already know of several things I want from there. I hope the pre-orders I have already made are all that tempt me but I doubt it.
I do have some pictures from my New Year's Eve sales that I took advantage of this past year. I found some sampler charts I had been looking for specifically plus a couple of new ones I had not seen but looked like they would complement the ones I already had and ones I want to do. Please excuse the glare but it is snowing here and not much light for the pictures but if I didn't get it done I wouldn't ever remember once I start stitching.
Back to the stitchy place to get the Alphabets out. Hope you have a great stitchy day. Marjo

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marjo - I sorely miss commenting on your blog - for some reason I can't comment on certain blogs and yours is one of them - I am a faithful follower and reader but just can't comment unless I get my laptop out. I know what you mean about being born into the wrong era - I think of myself as maybe being an old soul as some of these things that are so foreign or forgotten in todays society are very familiar to me. Nothing better than having high tea with friends - too bad there are not more places to do that - even in a city as large as Jacksonville - thankfully there is a new tea shop in the area where I work that has a creme tea and a high tea and the best scones i've ever had. All your WIP's look great and I wanted to tell you that a good friend of mine in sampler guild does that 10hr per project rotation and she has a LOT of huge projects going and every time I see her I am amazed at the progress she is making on them. Anyway - just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here just not always able to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stash you bought, especially the Threads of Gold chart on the upper right. What is it? I own one of the designs--the single tulip by CHS--and as I look through your haul, there is not a single one that I wouldn't want to do! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash purchases, Marjo! I'm like Glenna, I think everything you bought is awesome. Wonder what will call you to work on first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great haul! I especially love the Brenda Keyes sampler. I love a good sale and a good online shop. Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash! And I enjoyed looking through what you've been stitching recently. I just discovered your blog! Nice to find you out there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent stash! And your CHS Alphabet is looking wonderful! I really need to stitch that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stash! And I am loving your CHS Alphabet and ATS :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic stash purchases!!! Which one will you start first! And your CHS alphabet is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete