Thursday, April 12, 2018

Project progress and a very small new start

so excited to get some stitching done this year! No more finishes yet but finally doing some small things make me feel like progress is being made.
On the sock front I am making slow progress. I still love the yarn colors. My only big problem with knitting is fixing my mistakes. Fortunately my sweet friend has been oh so patient with me slowly knitting these socks!
Legendary Socks by Karin Gustafson
On the stitching front I have worked on the February BBD stockings. I love these little treasures. I have a couple of little trees I can decorate with these. Ideally someday I would like to make seasonal trees.i have collected patterns over time but I really need to get stitching! I have always wanted a Valentine tree, an Easter tree etc, my version of the bowl that I do not own and do not want to purchase.

BBD February stockings Violets 

I am starting a small Lizzie Kate design for two friends who recently lost their pets. My best friend found the perfect frame so I will get that from her in May but meanwhile really need to get started stitching on it. I don't have all the threads for it which with my stash is hard to believe but the color is not used a lot so I will just substitute DMC for as I have all but the newest colors of that. I have to pull some fabric so I can get started this next weekend.

I will leave you with a picture of the first sightings of bears that I have seen. I did not take this (I would not be even this close)
cannot find out currently who took this photo

Here's to hoping you have some stitchy time in your week. Marjo


2 comments:

  1. The Violet stocking is looking good. I really like the oolor of the socks you are knitting. Hmmm on the bear sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your violet stocking is lovely and the colour of your sock is is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete