Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lazy Sunday afternoon

Finally, I can sit and get to stitching. I have gotten all my problems solved with gathering supplies to start my EGA 17th Century band sampler class from Nan Euler and am focusing the afternoon on that. I tried to work on it yesterday in the car as we drove to our hiking spots but roads were too rough. I have got the basting finished as recommended and sorting out the colors of silks I want to use. Now I can actually start stitching. The way this class starts you start with a whitework section so first the satin stitch and then cutwork. I must admit I have the hardest time cutting my fabric, once I get started it is okay but that first cut I agonize over. I hope to get the first part of this done today and then I really need to settle in on it. I love the way the class is done and have learned so much just from reading the project book. Will post a picture when I have something to show.
Enjoy your Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I went back and looked at the SB Sail Away post. I'm so glad you're going to join us! I think it's a perfect stitch for someone like us with kids heading off to college! I'll send more details soon!!!


    Awesome pictures!!!!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete