Tuesday, July 21, 2009


No great progress pictures to post. The dog is sitting on my lap (this dog has never understood that a hundred pound is not a lap dog). I am working on CHS Alphabet. I am still trying to decide what color I am going to replace bittersweet with in the bottom section of each block. Plus the flowers in the border the color need to be decided. So many choices....I am loving stitching on this. I hope to get some more done on this tonight. If you have any suggestions about the colors you have used on the flowers or the fill in for the bottom I am open to suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. Marjo, that is the cutest picture!! LOL It makes me miss my pup!

    I used the Bittersweet, but I know others have used Whiskey and I want to say Old Red Paint. ? I think a pinkish color. I was going to do a red in the flowers but then messed up on the spaces between the boxes and it threw off the border count so I ripped what I'd stitched out. I can't wait to see what you've decided to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marjo - Love the picture - your dog looks like he's reading the letter, too!

    I used WDW Whiskey on my fill-in for the blocks and love how it looked. I can't remember off the top of my head what I used for the flower border but I can check. Here's a link to my picture trail album if you care to take a look: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/15068188
    If the link won't work, there is a pic in the sidebar of my blog. Loved this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marjo - I just found your blog and I have done the CHS alphabets also. I used WDW Whiskey and my finished version appears at the top of my blog. I also changed out the border and used Black Crow for the Vine, Raspberry Parfait for the flowers and Shutter Green for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margo - Me again. I should have read down through your blog a little bit. I see you got the Plantation Sampler chart. A bunch of us are going to do this as a SAL and we'd love for you to join us. The link is www.tajinaz6.blogspot.com. We're not going very fast (in fact I haven't even started mine), so you're more than welcome to join us if you'd like!!

    ReplyDelete