Sunday, January 10, 2010

Little bits of stitching

This is the third section of a gift for a friend. I will post a picture of this if it turns out. It will be a lot of fun if it works out the way I want it to. Unfortunately I cannot always make things turn out the way I envision them. We will see how it goes but first I have to stitch it.
The fabric is really a bright purple. Of course it is dark up here so pictures are not the best for true colors. This set of gifts is the first time I have used Weeks Linens. I love the colors but it seems like it is fuzzy. This is the third piece I have used and so far they all do it.


Yes, these are the threads from last years projects so i decided I would empty the jar to start over for all the new projects or rather new old projects for this year. I love looking at the threads remembering the fun projects they were part of. The jar is one I found in a little shop up here. It is actually the bottom of a older cheese grater jar. I like using old things in new ways.

Hope you have a great stitchy day.
Marjo

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how it turns out/what it is!

    Your thread jar is full! Must have been a very stitchy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the gift! Also, I love your banner photo--I found myself looking at each separate item.

    About Maritime White Lakeside--definitely, it's the best all-purpose linen for every project. It's not bright white or even really white, more like oyster colored. This piece had a little more of an ivory, ever-so-slight yellowish tinge--usually it has a slight greyish tinge, but that's Lakeside--always a surprise. But I recommend it for every project except for one using a lot of white in the design (as in snow), because the white floss wouldn't show up as well as it does with my other favorites: lentil, navy bean or buttercream.

    ReplyDelete