Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday gifts

I spent Monday working on birthday gifts so can't show that work but thought  I would show you a picture of the New Essamplaire chart that I bought myself for a birthday start this year. It is Victorine Delacroix. The colors are so much better in real life and I love it. Of course I don't need a new start. I have enough WIP's to sink a ship but it is so pretty and it IS my birthday present. Oh, I am continuing with my WIP basket emptying process but I just couldn't resist one or two new starts.

I am still working on CHS Alphabets, Mary Wigham by Needleprint  and BBD Beneath the Sunlit sky but I should be done with the BTSS relatively quickly and that makes room in the rotation. Plus I am getting some of the WIP that are smaller out to go in my travel case that I keep in the car and think I can knock a couple of them out while I wait at appointments. I am never sure why I almost finish something and then put it down.  If I had more time I would stitch over my lunch break but 30 minutes doesn't give me enough time unless I remember to pack my lunch. I do take something to work on everyday just in case it works out but by the time I stand in line to get my lunch, and then eat the time is up and back to work I go
Hope your day is full of stitches. Marjo

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love that sampler! Since I have a stack of sampler charts that qualify for their own zipcode I haven't been able to justify it....yet. In the meantime I'll be happy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're enabling a bunch of us to want this one! lol! Good thing my birthday is coming up too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! There is nothing wrong at all with a new start. That WIP basket can't get empty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I have been coveting this chart ever since you posted you were getting it for your birthday!!!! It's really gorgeous and I can't wait to watch your progress on it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a wonderful sampler. I have seen it and thought about ordering it, but I have so many others (that shouldn't stop me, right? LOL). I'm going to look forward to seeing your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really pretty! I think we all have more on the go then we can handle, but that's part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous design! That's a great treat to yourself! Can't wait to see your progress so hope you start soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Birthday gift...Have a good one Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Sampler is really a beautiful project : I will follow your progress with a lot of pleasure .
    Have a great week-end ,
    Isabelle from France

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Marjo....I love your newest selection for a sampler start. I love this piece. She is just beautiful. I'm looking forward to watchng your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I am dripping with envy! I would love to get this sampler, but I'm currently have only 2 projects done on a 25-project challenge. So this will go on the wish list for when my to-stitch pile goes down a little bit. Enjoy Victorine when you do get to start her!

    ReplyDelete