Saturday, August 17, 2019

Gifts and organization.


I wanted to share with you a piece my best friend Elaine stitched for me for Christmas last year. I love it. I finally got some pictures of it so I could share with you and I am going to add it to my Craft Journal. I decided I need to keep a written journal of all my stitching and what I used to stitch it and when. I am having fun with it. We will see how it goes. 

Lizzie Kate design stitch by my friend Elaine

Now that it has been delivered I can share the little Lizzie Kate I did for a good friend who lost of beloved pup of many years. This is one of three frames the other two are their personal pictures that I won’t share but it just fit a little square part. And she was pleased with it.


I have been working on getting my stitching room organized aka the black hole. It is a mess. I started with fabric and moved onto threads. My DMC are baggies in numerical order. I was struggling with my Hand dyed fibers so they were next. They are in floss away bag in boxes in color name order and by company. Trying hard to keep them up to date. 
I got a new app Xstitch, to keep up with my flosses and fabrics and what I need to purchase.  I had one I had been using but unfortunately it was unable to keep up with the updates that the phone had so I lost all my inventory. I made a copy of the inventory of each kind this time so I have a paper copy this time. No more losing all that work again.






So finally all my threads are in the right box and organized. Now this is not all the thread but all I could find of the specialty threads. As I continue to dig out the black hole I am sure I will find more but this is the bulk of the overdyed cottons. My DMC are already in their place (again most of them) but have silks yet to go. But not that many of them so those won't be such a big deal.


1 comment:

  1. Organization seems to be a never ending effort! Too bad it doesn't stay that way once it is done!

    ReplyDelete