Thursday, October 8, 2020

Trying again


I am focusing on trying hard to get my WIP count moving down to the current astronomical number to a more manageable number and to get them finished. The current very loose rotation I am working on is And They Sinned spurred on by so many recent finishes or near finishes from folks I follow on Instagram. So this is where I started this rotation in April. I have worked on it on and off until yesterday when I decided it was time to move on. 
and this is where I ended up: this is the end of the first page which is equivalent to 2 regular pages for most charts. 


The next thing I have in my rotation is Mary Wigham from Needleprint. I have been working on this for a really long time but it is slow going. I love it, I am just a slow stitcher. 

This is where I am starting back on Mary. The colors of the linen in any of my pictures is much grayer than in real life but the thread colors are pretty true to life. After going back to old posts about Mary I realized she is on 45 count and has been a WIP for far to long so she was my focus piece for Sampler September. at the end of September this is where I ended up. 



I have also been working on The Bluebird Trail by Crossed Wing Collection. The linen is their hand dyed option for this design and I think a couple of more of their designs. It is the perfect rendition of the sky in my humble opinion. 
But there is far too much gray to be stitched but no ever going to get finished if I don't keep working on it. My good friend just finished her's and it is beautiful. This will stay in rotation next year. I have got to get some more progress on this one. 

Fall in my little corner of the world comes quickly and leaves even quicker. We are full on headed to winter up here with cold mornings in the 30's and not getting out of the 40's most days. It is beautiful though. 
My stitching with friends piece. This is a freebie from JABCO if you bought the buttons. It is the December teacup of 12 months of teacups. There is also a series for teapots that I got offered as kits from Drema from Needlecraft Corner. She often has little kits offered on her site and since my stitching friends and I always had tea when we met it only seemed fitting to get these kits. She has quite a few SB kits of their freebie designs and many others. Great for quick stitches to fill a bowl or decorate with, I think this will be a stand up when I finish it. 
A picture taken by a friend from her house of the Knik Arm and Sleeping Lady in the background. The sky has given us several dramatic sunsets this year. 

This is Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird designs. Second on Valentine House. This is my Friday off the Grid floss tube stitch. I usually only stitch on it when I am watching Caroline. Since she posts daily but for only a few minutes while she is at the cottage it gets some frequent work but not long periods. 
I started an old chart that I have had in my stash for a very long time for High Tea and the #HRHsal2020 with a group on Instagram. First new start all year so I felt that it was okay to have one new start this year of only stitching from stash. Like many people (at least I don't think I am the only one) I have more stash than I will ever stitch. I have sold a lot of it and continue to weed out what I know I will never do and just keep the ones I love. Still have way too much but slowly getting my stitching room into someplace I can sit and stitch. 
and lastly my lone knitting project. This is my first attempt at a shawl. It is the Wellington worksock shawl by Sam Lamb. It will be bordered in a color other than the called for creme. 
Well until next time I hope you have lots of stitchy time in your day. Marjo

2 comments:

  1. You are working on some lovely projects, Marjo! I think my favorite of the bunch is Mary Wigham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marjo, your projects are just lovely! You're making really good progress too! Love your shawl color. I just love shawls. Perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete